DevOps Engineer (AWS)
At Heubert we aspire to build world class customer-focused web applications. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory - we’re out to change the world.
We are looking for a Product Manager who gets out of bed in the morning to build products that people love. You will be at the centre of our business, technology and user experience and will work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy. You will have an innate ability to get people excited and rapidly drive concepts from the spec to the screen.
About our Engineering TeamEngineering is a core part of who we are. You will work with a carefully selected team of engineers. The team takes pride in its focus on engineering fundamentals. We strive to use the most appropriate tools for tasks at hand and to strike a measured balance between getting things done and long term maintainability. The team is tight, with no no big egos, and welcomes engineers to come and join in on the adventure. Engineers frequently host sessions where a new idea or software engineering practice is discussed – this ensures that everyone in the team is constantly learning.
Your impact as a DevOps EngineerYou will be part of a small team supporting all IT requirements across the business, often working closely with the Delivery and Product teams (developers, QA, analysts) and with a heavy focus on the infrastructure and products hosted in AWS. Further, you will:
- Improve AWS Cloud usage & management through Infrastructure as Code (IaC), monitoring & alerting, container management, security uplift
- Improve CI/CD
- Provide expertise in the design of new services in AWS
- Provide leadership, guidance, mentoring and training to the Engineers within the team
- Contribute to the management and migration of other infrastructure.
- Help drive forward the IT vision
Skills you bring to the team
- You’ll demonstrate systems thinking, considering the performance of the entire system, never allowing local optimisation to create global degradation and seeking to improve flow
- You’ll amplify feedback loops through monitoring, testing and process improvement to learn and adapt faster
- You’re a continuous learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals and adopt experimentation as a means to learn faster
- You’re able to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- You’re motivated by a fast paced, high pressure environment where you will have to constantly adapt – no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values: Be Humble, Obsess Over Others, Think Deeply Move Quickly, and Embrace Change
- You’ve got broad experience of the tech stack in use (T-Shaped people to form T-Shaped teams)
Tech Stack you’ll get your hands on
- AWS services such as EC2, Beanstalk, Route 53, SES, Codepipeline, IAM, Lambda, RDS, S3, CloudFront, CloudWatch, API Gateway, etc
- Container technologies such as Docker
- Application Performance Monitoring (NewRelic, AppSignal)
- CI/CD (Code pipeline)
- Linux and Amazon AMIs
- Other systems the team handles, such as Windows servers and Azure
- AWS Cost optimization
What we offer:
- Great team culture
- Competitive Salary
- Supportive Team
- Excellent communication tools
- Chance to be part of a growing international company