Boost Your IT Career with Our Job Ready Program
With a success rate of over 90%, we have helped over 100 students land their dream job in IT. With our expert guidance and hands-on experience, you can acquire the skills and knowledge you need to stand out in the competitive IT job market. In just 10 weeks, you will be ready to get started in IT Industry.
Why Job Ready Program?
The Job Ready Program in Network and System Support is designed to prepare individuals for entry-level positions in the IT industry by providing them with a comprehensive set of skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the field. Here are some reasons why the program can be beneficial:
- 1. High Demand: There is a high demand for skilled network and system support professionals, and this program provides the skills needed to meet that demand.
- 2. Career Advancement: The program prepares you for entry-level positions, but it also provides a strong foundation for career advancement in the IT industry.
- 3. Hands-On Experience: The program includes practical lab work, which provides hands-on experience that is invaluable in the IT industry.
- 4. Comprehensive Syllabus: The program covers a range of topics, from Windows Server and email exchanges to networking and CCNA certification preparation, providing a comprehensive set of skills.
- 5. Job Placement Assistance: The program also provides job placement assistance, including resume and cover letter preparation, interview skills training, and access to job openings.
At Heubert, we're dedicated to providing the highest quality IT training and career development services. Our experienced instructors have years of real-world industry experience and are passionate about helping students achieve their career goals. With a success rate of over 90%, Heubert is the perfect partner to help you launch your IT career.
The averge IT Support salary in Australia is $72,813 per year or $37.34 per hour. Entry level positions start at $64,350 per year while most experienced workers make up to $106,008 per year.
What you'll learn
Chapter 1 Motherboards, Processors, and Memory
Chapter 2 Storage Devices and Power Supplies
Chapter 3 Peripherals and Expansion
Chapter 4 Display Devices
Chapter 5 Custom Configurations
Chapter 6 Networking Fundamentals
Chapter 7 Introduction to TCP/IP
Chapter 8 Installing Wireless and SOHO Networks
Chapter 9 Understanding Laptops
Chapter 10 Understanding Mobile Devices
Chapter 11 Installing and Configuring Printers
Chapter 12 Hardware and Network Troubleshooting
Chapter 13 Cabling Fundamentals
Chapter 14 NAS and NVR
Chapter 15 PBAX
Chapter 16 Routing and VPN
Chapter 17 Operating System Basics
Chapter 18 Operating System Administration
Chapter 19 Working with Windows 10
Chapter 20 Working with Windows 7/8
Chapter 21 Working with Windows Vista
Chapter 22 Working with Mac OS and Linux
Chapter 23 Security
Chapter 24 Network Services, Cloud Computing, and Virtualization
Chapter 25 Mobile Operating Systems and Connectivity
Chapter 26 Windows Servers
Chapter 27 Active Directory and Group Policies
Chapter 28 Email Exchange (G Suite and Office 365)
Chapter 29 Domain and DNS
Chapter 30 Troubleshooting Theory, OSs, and Security
Chapter 31 Understanding Operational Procedures
Chapter 32 CCNA Certification Preparation
Chapter 33 Resume Writing and Interview Skills
- Assembling, disassembling and troubleshooting of computer hardware.
- Setting up office and home network and troubleshooting.
- Cabling, setting up CCTV and phone system.
- Ticketing, installing different OS and troubleshooting diffrent OS.
- Setting up windows server, active directory and group policies.
- Setting up domain and DNS and working with Email Exchanges.
- Setup resources in cloud platforms.
- Resume writing and Interview.